By focusing on the right things you can learn the true drivers of your business, reduce budget cycle time, reduce the cost of your budget process and identify other opportunities to improve your bottom line. Traditional budgeting is slow and problematic with many businesses taking three or more months to complete their budgets. Statistics show that many financial analysts spend a majority of their time on non-value-added activities like checking spreadsheets for broken or outdated links and errors, rechecking formulas, etc. The reality is that most people simply spend too much time jockeying data and not enough time on value-added analysis and developing recommendations that can move the business forward. This is not the case for best-in-class companies because they use driver-based planning and purpose-built planning software applications, while the rest of the world continues to use traditional budgeting practices.
Why you should attend:
This webinar will provide an understanding of how to improve the planning process through operational experience, and distinguishing the difference between traditional budgeting and driver-based planning.
- Learn how to identify which financial and non-financial drivers are most important to use in your planning
- Learn some "how to nuts and bolts" by walking through actual case studies with examples
- Learn what needs to change to implement driver-based planning and reap the rewards from it
1) Focus on the Big Rocks - learn how to identify the key drivers of your business that produce 80% of the results.
2) Learn about the true drivers of your business - do this by wearing different hats, gaining experience in various functional areas of your business. Think "Undercover Boss" and what they learn.
3) What needs to change to get better at this - identify people, processes, tools, training, or something else, that needs change.
Speaker: John Sanchez, Managing Director - The FPA Group
Duration: 60 Minutes
*This webinar has been recorded. Contact email@example.com for digital replay.
FREE for ICTF Members / Non-Members: $95
*Your log on information will be sent a day in advance
*unlimited participants from the same location in a conference room setting - registration includes one telephone and web connection