ICTF 2-day Webinar: Advanced Export Letters of Credit
November 13 + 14, 2019 - 11:00am ET - duration 90 minutes each day
During this 2-day webcast, you will learn the intricacies of Export Letters of Credit, including:
- tricks of the trade and what banks are looking for when they examine documents on a Letter of Credit
- common discrepancies and how to avoid them
- difference between 'by negotiation', 'by acceptance', 'by payment', and by 'deferred payment' and what this means to you
- how to get a quick and easy payment on your Letter of Credit
- advantages of a 'discounted' Letter of Credit and how to finance using a Letter of Credit
- rules that govern Letters of Credit and how they affect your transactions - UCP600, ISP98, International Standard Banking Practices, Bank to Bank Reimbursements
Speaker: Laura Pedersen, CDCS, Global Banking Officer
Price: ICTF Members - $175 / Non-Members - $245
*Your log on information will be sent a day in advance.
*unlimited participants from the same location in a conference room setting - registration includes one telephone and web connection
*In order to qualify for the discounted member registration rate, the participant must hold an active ICTF membership at the time of registration and at the time of the event.
Laura Pedersen, Global Banking Officer, has over 36 years in the international arena. For over 19 years, Laura managed the international department for a large manufacturing company, where she oversaw international credit and collections, international shipping and documentation, and international order entry and customer service. With Laura’s extensive background in all aspects of international trade, she has been working with companies for over 17 years now helping them to facilitate their international transactions (both importing and exporting).