People understand visual information quicker and more easily than numeric information, yet many professionals who work with large volumes of data routinely present information and analysis using numbers in a tabular format like an Excel spreadsheet. In a recent survey, more than 56% of respondents said they want to not only see data presented visually, but they want more types of visualizations to choose from. Over 70% said they want more interactivity with the data. Research shows we more readily understand visuals, and businesses are demanding more and better visualization of data. Visualizations help people spot trends, anomalies, exceptions and outliers. This webinar will provide a grounding in basic data visualization concepts.
Why should you Attend:
Finance professionals are frequently called upon to analyze complex issues and communicate the results of their analysis to people throughout their organizations. More and more, they are expected to share insights, not just data. Their ability to boil complex problems down into concise action plans is a big determinant of their success and data visualization helps them communicate much more concisely than any other tool.
- Improperly presented information can lead to longer decision making times
- Data visualization can help identify problems and solutions quicker than traditional analysis
- More than 40% of finance professionals surveyed said they need data visualization that provides more options than what is available in Excel and that number is on the rise
- With the volume of data growing by nearly 50% each year, decision makers need the right tools to prevent information overload and getting lost in a sea of irrelevant data
Areas Covered in the Session:
1. Define data visualization and explain common visualization goals
2. Describe the six elements of Gestalt principles of visual perception
3. Explain how to choose the right chart type for your purpose
4. Describe how context affects perception
Speaker: John Sanchez, Managing Director - The FPA Group
Duration: 60 Minutes
FREE for ICTF Members / Non-Members: $95
*This webinar has been recorded. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for digital replay.
*Your log on information will be sent a day in advance
*unlimited participants from the same location in a conference room setting - registration includes one telephone and web connection