Customized on-site training to meet your specific needs!
ICTF serves as a vital on-site training resource for companies seeking to broaden the skills of their credit departments. If you need to train a group of six or more employees, ICTF can bring the experts to you. Each program will be tailored to your needs and the content customized based on your requirements and the experience level of your staff. The length of the program can be 1, 2, 3 or more days depending on your needs.
Credit Policy & Procedures - A Practical Guide
Commences with an overview of what a credit policy is. This is expanded to discuss the key elements generally included such as:
- level of understanding
- limit of authority
- corporate goals and desires
- chain of command
- employee training manual, etc.
By focusing on what a credit policy is, it is intended to create a general awareness to enable delegates to begin to formulate their own ideas for a credit policy within their respective employer organizations. All essential components of a credit policy & procedures will be covered and check lists and materials provided for use following the workshop
- What is a credit policy?
- Key elements which may be included
- How to develop a credit policy
- What are the key items which influence the credit policy?
- What are the essential elements?
- What procedures to include
- Why is it needed?
- Sample Index
- Sample of sections and procedures manual what to cover in such a manual
- Guidelines and tool what is covered
- How is this used?
European Credit Management Workshops
- Whether you are supplying to customers in Europe or dealing with your own organisations European Credit offices these workshops will provide useful and practical insights into the differences between.
- Credit Service practices across the European Community.
- What can I expect?
An interactive workshop aimed at helping you do business in Europe, sessions include
- Setting Up In Europe - The Pitfalls
- Centralised or not - what are the options?
- Cultural Considerations
- Legal Frameworks
- Country Overviews
- Financial Statements
- Insolvency practices
- Securing your receivables
Business Development Seminars
A range of seminars that can be delivered at your site or a European Plus venue, tailored to suit your business and your customers needs and give practical ways to improve your team and make your customers more profitable in their business and yours.
Seminars for your Customers
- Strategies For Developing A Strong Customer Base And Improving Your Cash Flow
- The Business Operating Cycle
- The Importance of being fluid
- Trade Credit Insurance-the reality
- Managing Customer risk & opportunity
Seminars for your Teams
- The Role of Credit in Business Development
- The Changing Credit Services Market Place
- Financial analysis & commercialism can live together
- The Business operating Cycle & Credit Services
The Portfolio Growth Program
- A proven methodology of reducing risk, increasing available credit, engaging customers and driving profitable sales. The program results in an improved portfolio of customer accounts.
- By implementing the program alongside your credit team they gain an in-depth understanding of the philosophy, structure and management of the program This becomes an ongoing day to day process underpinning your credit strategy.
Initially a risk grading program is established, one that is specific to your customer base and based upon probability of failure and performance across time. In this way your team is managing the portfolio by key variables and triggers that enable them to manage the risk whilst driving the maximum available business through the credit lines.
So what is this program?
- A pro-active approach to Customer growth and risk management.
- An initiative combining Credit Services, Sales & Marketing in a common goal.
- Simple to initiate and run as a continual process for sales growth and risk management.
- This is the base program explained here. It's simple to implement. It manages the whole portfolio It is proven to work & drive sales.
- It's an ongoing risk management process that develops rather than retracting your growth
Risk Assessment & Financial Analysis
- Assessing Financial Statements
- Gathering the information
- Structuring the approach
- Country Risk
- Financial Statement Formats
- Overview of the various formats used
- Examples of Analysis
- Credit Scoring, executive summary, ratios
- Risk Underwriting - A Method
- A practical guide to analysing the statements
- Commercially Minded Credit Decisions
Trade Credit Insurance - whether considering or already in place
- What do customers think Credit Insurance is?
- What do the insurers think?
- What's the relationship, Customer, Broker, Insurer, Insured?
- Policy types & structures
- Is your current policy the right one for you
- What has happened and could happen to change the shape of the future insurance product?
- What could/is credit insurance becoming?
- Where is the cost now, where does the cost need to be for your business
- What are the alternatives
For further information and to discuss the subject areas, please contact ICTF at email@example.com